It’s the time of year, to stop and reflect on Australia’s history. To show gratitude for the men and women who have bravely served to protect our country. To appreciate the freedom we live in today because of the battles that were bravely fought so many years ago and the ongoing work from today’s defence force. To celebrate and be proud of the Aussie in you.
One of the traditional ways to celebrate commemorative ANZAC Day, is to bake and enjoy a batch of ANZAC Biscuits. Are you after a grain free, sugar free option? Try my healthy version!
HEALTHY ANZAC BISCUITS
1 cup flaked almonds or chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 125 degrees C.
- Combine nut meal, flaked or chopped nuts and shredded coconut in a bowl.
- Add rice malt syrup/ honey and oil to a saucepan and let it melt.
- Mix bicarb and water into the rice malt syrup and oil, until it starts to froth.
- Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients. Add a little water if needed, to help it stick together.
- Place into biscuit sized shapes, on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in oven on 125 degrees C for 30 minutes, or until golden.
Lest we forget.