This recipe can be adapted to what you have on hand and there is a gluten and dairy free option to choose from. Be mindful there is still an abundance of (natural) sugar within the stewed fruit, so it's best to be enjoyed as an occasional treat.
Stewed Fruit Crumble
What You'll Need:
3 -4 cups stewed fruit of choice (apple, apricot, nectarine, peach)
1 1/2 cups almond meal or quick oats
1 cup shredded coconut + extra for garnish
1/2 cup macadamia and/ or cashew nuts, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp raw honey or real maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter
Coconut ice cream, or yoghurt, for serving
What You'll Need To Do:
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Add stewed fruit to a baking pie dish. May fav is stewed apples (just a dash of water and peeled and chopped apples, cooked in a saucepan until soft).
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl (you may need to use your hands) until well mixed add as a topping to the fruit.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Add extra shredded coconut to garnish and serve with a dollop coconut cream or yoghurt.
After more meal inspo?
Or if you're ready for a health reset, add yourself to our popular Spring Kickstarter waitlist here.