This one is perfect for a summer day of entertaining, when you want to fill up a few mouths, use up an abundance of seasonal fruit, or offer a sweet dessert, without any added sugar, trans-fats, grains or pasteurised dairy.
This recipe is paleo friendly, but still has a naturally high sugar content from the fruit, so enjoy as a treat!
Stewed Fruit Crumble
Serves at least 8
3 -4 cups stewed fruit of choice (apple, apricot, nectarine, peach)
2 cups almond meal
3/4 cup shredded coconut + extra for garnish
1/2 cup macadamia and/ or cashew nuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp raw honey
3 tbsp coconut oil
coconut cream or yoghurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Add stewed fruit to a baking pie dish.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and add as a topping to the fruit.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Add extra shredded coconut to garnish and serve with a dollop coconut cream or yoghurt.
- Note: it’s somewhat sloppy, but its tastes good 🙂
Want more delicious and nutritious recipes? See My Vibrant Morning brekkie recipe eBook here.