Gut Healing Berry Gummies
Apr 28, 2020
One of our fav bubba friendly, gut healing snacks, are gummies. They are super quick, versatile to suit the fruit you have on hand and make for a fun healthy treat.
For an immune boosting, vitamin c rich recipe head over here to get my Lemon Lime Gummies, or if chocolate is your thing, this recipe is for you.
For an antioxidant rich batch, try my Berry Gummies. They're a popular sweet snack in our Spring Kickstarter 30 day Program. This recipe can be adapted to suit your fav fresh or frozen berries and you can give them an optional flavour sensation using essential oils.
What you'll need:
3/4 cup organic berries of choice, fresh or frozen
3/4 cup water
1 cup pure coconut milk (you might need a tad more)
Just over 2.5 tbsp gelatine
1 tsp - 1 tbsp raw honey (depending on your desired sweetness)
3 drops lemon, lime, grapefruit therapeutic grade essential oil* (optional & just for the adults)
What You'll Need To Do:
- Add berries and water to small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and blitz if you have a handheld stick blender.
- Strain the liquid into a measuring jar (if you didn’t blitz), otherwise pour the cooked berry liquid straight into measuring jar.
- Top up with coconut milk to make up 1.5 cups in total.
- Add the 1.5 cups cooked berry and coconut milk liquid back into your saucepan and sprinkle over 2.5 tablespoons of gelatine. Let it bloom for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat back onto low and whisk through the gelatine, until dissolved.
- Stir through the honey and optional essential oil.
- Spoon into your silicone moulds and refrigerate for 1.5 hours. After this, remove from moulds and enjoy!
Gummies will last for a week in an airtight container in the fridge, but I assure you the fam will gobble them up before then :)
Looking for further nourishing meal inspo?
Find age appropriate gut healing meal ideas in my baby health guide, Thriving Bubba and pregnancy nourishment within my online program, Path To Glowing Mumma.
Or if you're ready for a health reset, add yourself to our popular Spring Kickstarter waitlist here.
*To get your hands on therapeutic grade essential oils, you can email us at [email protected] or follow the instructions over here.