My Gut Friendly Bubba Bread Recipe
Has your bubba's appetite increased and you're constantly searching for healthy snack options? I've been there! I felt like apples were on repeat as a popular snack in our household, so it was time for something new.
As we had not yet introduced gluten containing grains into our baby’s diet (and still haven't now at 16 months), I created this very simple bubba bread recipe that would avoid compromising the health of her developing gut. More on this topic to come in my upcoming baby book- you can register your interest over here.
This bright orange bread cuts into small squares easily for your bubba to enjoy as a snack, added to a main meal and you could even use the squares to create a grain free 'sandwich' for older children.
3/4 - 1 cup roasted and mashed sweet potato (roast your whole sweet potato with the skin on, for around 1.5 hours, or until very soft when pierced)
1/2 cup cassava flour (pick this up at your local health food shop or online). I have also tried tapioca, but I find the consistency better with cassava.
1 tablespoon water
1 egg yolk
pinch seaweed salt
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl
3. Add bleach-free baking paper to a large baking dish/ tray (around 15 x 30 cm and grease with either coconut oil, butter or ghee
4. Spread out the mixture onto the baking paper, around 0.5cm thick
5. Add to oven and bake for 10 minutes, before flipping over and baking a for a further 10 minutes. If needed, cut the bread in half and use a spatula to make it easier flipping.
6. Allow to cool and cut into desired sized pieces. Enjoy fresh or wrap in beeswax wraps, or store in a glass container for bubba to enjoy later on.
I would love to know how your bubba bread turned out. Were you little one/s a fan? Let me know below!
Photo credit: Woman and Womb Photographer & Doula